If you've been browsing through our extensive catalogue of Close Ratio Gears & Final Drives and are having difficulties deciding which ratio's are best suited for your requirements, then our Gear Calculator is right up your alley.
By inputting some basic variables, our calculator can help you on your path to determine the most suitable gear ratios for your vehicle/application by calculating the maximum speed possible in each gear as well as the rpm when you shift up a gear from max rpm (Shift Point). We have included 2 gear calculators so that you can compare settings.
As always, if you have any questions at all, please feel free to Contact Us.
How to use:
- Vehicle Presets: A dropdown list of preset values for some common vehicle fitments. Simply select a vehicle, and it will prefill the fields in the calculator (Optional)
- Speed: Choose between mph or km/h
- Tyre Size: Enter your tyre size or Outer Diameter (inches).
- Max rpm: Enter your maximum engine rpm limit
- Final Ratio: Enter your final drive ratio
- Gear Ratio: Enter the gear ratio for each gear
- Results: After entering the required variables, the calculator will display the max speed possible in each gear as well as the rpm when you shift up a gear from max rpm (Shift Point)